Operational plan for managing Covid-19 cases (all hotels)
All tourist accommodation establishments, regardless of size, are obliged to draw up an operational plan to be able to manage suspected Covid-19 cases, in accordance to the current instructions of EODY.
Each establishment must appoint a coordinator to supervise that the proper management of suspected coronavirus cases is being followed out.
• Our staff members must are aware of how the Covid-19 virus is transmitted; be able to provide information to guests; be trained on practices for cleaning and disinfecting identified spots; follow hygiene rules to avoid transmitting the virus (frequent hand washing, avoiding handshakes, physical distancing, avoiding contact of hands with eyes, nose and mouth and respiratory hygiene)
• Our hotel provides each staff member with personal protective equipment (masks, gloves)
• If a staff member comes in contact with a Covid-19 case, they report it immediately to the hotel’s health coordinator and are excused from work.
Hotel log book
We keep a record of staff members and all guests staying at the hotel – name, nationality, date of arrival and departure, contact details (address, telephone, e-mail), so that communication is possible if a coronavirus case is identified at a later time.
The General Regulation on Personal Data Protection (GDPR) is observed and all staff members and guests are informed that their information will be kept on file for reasons of public health protection.
Reception desk / concierge
• Staff members are obliged to follow the necessary hygiene measures (frequent hand washing), keep the appropriate distance (at least one meter from customers) and avoid handshakes.
• We have a medical kit available for the occurrence of an incident, which will include disposable gloves and masks, antiseptics, cleaning wipes, apron, long-sleeved robe, laser thermometer.
• Plexiglass windows are placed at reception.
• The reception desk has an antiseptic for use by the customer.
• Our reception has an open space, with no furniture in order for all to maintain a distance of two meters from one another, we also have floor markings and properly manage queues in order to reduce waiting times.
• We do our best avoid queuing at reception during check-in / check-out.
• All key cards are disinfected.
• Non-hotel guests are prohibited from entering hotels.
Cleaning, disinfection, housekeeping (rooms and public areas)
• Our hotel follows enhanced disinfection and deep cleaning practices in accordance to EODY instructions. Special cleaning instructions for rooms are also provided for Covid-19 cases.
• We have reinforced our sanitation services in all public areas and pay special attention to cleaning “high-frequency touch points” such as door handles and elevator knobs.
• Meticulous cleaning and very good room ventilation are taken place between stays of our guests.
Food service – Kitchen
• We follow Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), an internationally recognized method of identifying and managing food safety related risk.
• Goods are being received by specific staff members who always wear gloves and masks.
• Entrance to the kitchen area is prohibited for the public.
Food service – Buffet Restaurant and bars (indoor and outdoor)
• We comply to the rules that apply in restaurants and bars in the country, according to the current legal framework.
• We provide our guests with gloves, in order to have access to our buffet.
• We implement social distancing through table spacing and guest seating.
• Physical distancing:
The layout of seats on swimming pool decks (sun beds, chairs, sun loungers, etc.) should be such so that the distance between the ends of the seats of two people under two different umbrellas be at least 2 meters in each direction.
Air conditioning and space ventilation
We comply to the Health Ministry’s guidance on “Taking measures to ensure public health from viral and other infections during the use of air conditioning units”
Mini Market operating in hotel
Rules are in application according to the current legal framework of Covid 19 prevention.
Public areas (outdoor and indoor)
Public areas include lobby, seating area, outdoor seating, etc. (not decks around swimming pools). Social distancing rules apply.
• We recommend to avoid the use of elevators.
• Signage and floor markings are being used to remind customers to keep their distance from one another.
• Installation of antiseptic solutions in all public areas.